Linda Aber, Certified HeartMath® Mentor & Practitioner
Introduces HeartMath, an Evidenced-Based Approach that Teaches Adults & Youth Emotional Self-Regulation by Harnessing the Power of "Heart-Brain" Communication
The addition of HeartMath® to my repetoire of heart-based approaches is truly a perfect fit. The methodology of positivity found in Nurtured Heart® & Theraplay® programs, is profoundly enhanced & continues to radiate with HeartMath®. I look forward to sharing this approach with Montreal families & schools.
Our New HeartMath® Programs for Parents, Youth & Educators:
- for Individuals
- for Individual Family
- Multi-Family HeartMath® Groups (for child, teen & their parents)
- HeartMath® Parent Workshops
- HeartMath® Teacher Workshops
Daily Stressors & Negative Emotions
Parents, especially those with youth diagnosed with ADHD, learning disabilities, aspergers, anxiety & oppositional defiance, face tension with everyday challenges: getting children prepared & on time for school, sibling rivalry, homework & power struggles.
Youth have their triggers: the morning routine of waking up, getting ready & on time for school, test anxiety, homework, forgetting school materials, being teased, feeling left out, sibling rivalry, deadlines for projects & bed time routine.
Did you know that Negative Emotions drain your inner battery emotionally, mentally & physically?
- We can never eliminate stress, anxiety, frustration & anger from our lives-but we CAN learn to manage & reverse the damage from each emotional drain.
- Remember, it is not the events that do the harm, it is HOW we RESPOND to them.
How Different Would Your Life Be If You & Your Family Members Could Intentionally Shift Yourselves Out of Tension, Anxiety & Anger Into A Relaxed, Clear Minded State In Just 30 Seconds?
In Our HeartMath® Parents Workshops & Family Groups
Parents & Youth Will Learn Practical, Easy Techniques, Exercises & Technology that Can Be Practiced Daily to:
- Actively reduce their stress, anxiety, anger levels & negative emotions.
- Change stress-producing attitudes.
- Reset physiological reactions to stressors in the present moment, as events occur.
- Establish a new base line of personal resilience & coherent communication.
- Transfer learnings to daily situations & interactions.
What is HeartMath® ?
- The HeartMath® Institute, an international leader in stress reduction & emotion management has developed a research-based system of scientifically validated tools, techniques, exercises & technology to ensure that our internal states, communications & relationships- those of the heart, brain & other bodily systems are in sync .
- It has conducted studies and published research on a broad range of subjects, including emotional regulation, heart-brain interactions, health & well being, human relationships and optimal performance.
- These studies have dramatically established that the HEART plays a central role in optimizing the body's cognitive, sensory, hormonal & information processing systems.
- HeartMath® Research has identified a measurable physiological state that underlies stress, anxiety, optimal learning & performance.
The State of Coherence Increases Attention, Executive Functioning, Well-being & Reduces Stress, Anxiety, Anger, Frustration, Test Anxiety
By learning Emotional Self-Regulation Techniques, Adults & Youth can:
- Improve cognitive function
- Establish a new baseline for sustained physiological & behavioural change.
All techniques & exercises work to align your heart, breath & nervous system (emotions).
Discover How All Adults, Children & Teens Can Benefit From Emotional Self-Regulation Coherence Training
- reduces stress levels & test anxiety
- increases mental clarity & energy
- better able to communicate
- improved relationships at home, school & work.
HeartMath® at School
Thousands of students & teachers in schools & universities world-wide are using the Institute of HeartMath's educational programs & methodologies to manage stress, reduce test anxiety, improve learning, strengthen relationships & improve classroom climate.
- Students learn a core set of tools & strategies that become part of meaningful rituals & routines in the classroom & after-school program.
- For many educators, it has become an important & fun part of classroom behavioural management & high stakes test preparation.
- The feedback enables students to more effectively manage their stress levels & negative emotions, leading to improved cognitive performance, learning ability, creativity, reduced impulsivity, self-regulation & emotional control.
- Students gain proficiency in this technology & are able to transfer their learnings throughout daily situations.
- Regular classrooms
- Counseling programs
- After-school programs
- Behaviour support programs
- Special education classrooms
To Gain the Full Benefits of the HeartMath® System for Your Staff & Students, Contact Us at 514-487-3533 for Teacher Workshops
You will learn about the system of techniques, the biofeedback technology & how to embed HeartMath® into school culture to the benefit of both staff & students.
Workshop 1: Being the Resilient Educator- Using HeartMath®
- This program is your full introduction into the HeartMath® system & how you as adults can benefit from using the techniques.
- We do explore how this system can be used in the classroom & one-to-one environment with the student.
- The main focus will be on you - understanding, learning the system & techniques for yourself.
- You will also have opportunities to practice with the technologies.
Workshop 2: HeartMath®- Working with Students
- This workshop shows you how to integrate & apply HeartMath® techniques & tools within the classroom & in one-to-one sessions with students.
- This session will demonstrate how to use the in-class resources.
- This will allow teachers, TA.s & resource workers to see how HeartMath® is taught & make it easier to continue the follow-up after workshop 1.